Playlist for a Season

Have you ever heard a song and thought to yourself that the artist must have somehow had you and what you were going through in mind when they wrote it? While I am not gifted to play or sing, I love listening to music! When I'm feeling a certain way, and a song speaks to that emotion or encourages me out of that emotion, whichever is needed, I can listen to it on repeat all day and not get sick of it. We've all had our new favorite songs that we can listen to again and again (that was I've Got A Feeling just a few weeks ago for me - there was a lot of dancing that happened in my bathroom during that time), but I'm talking about songs with deeper meaning, songs that speak to our souls because of the lyrics and Spirit behind them. While some days there is one specific song I'm feeling, I typically end up with a lot of these songs that speak to my heart during a season. While I have an ever growing worship playlist, a while back I created a 'This Season' playlist for easy access to those songs that I needed to hear often. Depending on the season, songs come and go, but this has been a great go-to for those days when I'm in a funk, for those moments when I'm fearful, and for those times when my emotions seem to be in the driver's seat. As one of these songs inspired my latest art project I decided I would share the songs that make up my current playlist. If you find yourself in a similar time of waiting, need some encouragement, or a reminder of who God is check these songs out!


This Season
Captain - Hillsong United
Thy Will - Hillary Scott & The Scott Family 
Trust In You - Lauren Daigle
Shepherd - Bethel Music
I Shall Not Want - Audrey Assad
Have It All - Bethel Music
My Revival - Lauren Daigle
Though You Slay Me - Shane & Shane
Once And For All - Lauren Daigle
It Is Well - Bethel Music
Bigger Than - For All Seasons
Linger - Warr Acres
We Dance - Bethel Music
More - Red Rocks Worship
In Over My Head (Crash Over Me) - Bethel Music
King Of My Heart - John Mark McMillan
Be Still - The Fray
Oceans - Hillsong United

Comments

Popular Posts